TAYLOR SWIFT BOOK TAG


TAG created by TheBookLife
Version from Katytastic







I am still going through Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and crafting my thesis on A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab. With all these things (two things) going on, it will be a while before I write another review. Ha, good thing I don't have that many readers eh? 

The most successful personal blogs are those that offer glimpses on the author's lives. At least, that's how it is with youtube. I thought I'd go the same way, but not just be successful too (haha). Maybe, you'd get to know where I'm coming from if I do a few tags here and there (or every time I'm in between reviews).

THE TAG:
Questions are related to Taylor Swift's popular songs. 


SONG 1 :
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
(Book that you need to break up with, because it's just ridiculous to stay together.)



MY ANSWER:
THE DIVERGENT SERIES by Veronica Roth
Don't get me wrong, die hard fans. I loved the first book.
Compared with Hunger Games, I thought the book was crafted better and the characters were much more bearable.
I even own the first and second book. Then, I got the third on audible.
Let's just say that I didn't get half way through. After I learned the reason for the Chicago community, I set my iPod down, connected it to my laptop and deleted the sound file. I just couldn't get through it. Sorry.

SONG 2:
RED
(Book with a red cover)


MY ANSWER:
A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC by V.E. Schwab
Okay, it's only half red. But this book has latched itself into my brain and I just couldnt... Shake it off (get it?!).
You can read my review here.

SONG 3:
THE BEST DAY
(A book that makes you feel nostalgic.)



MY ANSWER:
THE AMAZING MAURICE AND HIS EDUCATED RODENTS by Terry Pratchett
The first Terry Pratchett book I ever read turned out to be one of the best books ever written. Ever.
It's a re-telling of the Pied Piper children's story only with heads up on a lot of anthropological research. The rodents are quite special see. They were magically transformed into sentient beings. We follow their progress as they become more human, building communities, developing traditions and communication, etc.
I won't spoil it more than this.
Even grown-ups (especially young adults) could learn a lot from this book.

SONG 4:
LOVE STORY
(A book with Forbidden Love)


MY ANSWER:
HIS DARK MATERIALS by Philip Pullman
She is from one world and he is from the alternate universe of basically the same world.
They could only see each other through cutting a passage using THE SUBTLE KNIFE (Book 2).
So what does this young couple do that older couples could do?
They break up, clean and simple.
Because loving someone you know you can never half is stupid.
It's a waste of time and effort.

SONG 5:
I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE
(A bad character you cannot help but love.)


MY ANSWER:
Mr. Darcy from PRIDE AND PREJUDICE by Jane Austen.
We all know that he's not evil, but that boy is bad. Not bad ass, just bad.
He's got issues on top of issues that prevented him from fulfilling his romantic destiny. In Regency England, women were all about romantic destinies. What else could they do?
Even after the happy ending, I'm still really pissed off at Mr. Darcy. My angry thoughts are mainly from his first proposal.
That was really insulting, Mr. Darcy. But I still love you.

SONG 6:
INNOCENT
(SPOILERED BOOK)


TWILIGHT SERIES by Stephanie Meyer
The horrors! Okay, to be fair I read it on wikipedia so blame's on me.
We were going to watch the second half of the movie so I read up on it.
I didn't want to watch the movie but it was a date.
I have no regrets.

SONG 7:
EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED
(A book with extensive character development.)



MY ANSWER:
TIFFANY ACHING SERIES by Terry Pratchett
There's four books in the series. Set in the Discworld, we follow the adventures of witch-in-training, Tiffany. She proves to be quite a powerful witch.
The last book made me cry. But not as much as Nation by Terry Pratchett.
That's my runner up for this category.

SONG 8:
YOU BELONG WITH ME
(Most anticipated release)


MY ANSWER:
THE SHEPHERD'S CROWN by Terry Pratchett
After fawning over the Tiffany Aching series, and my clear love for Pratchett, you can probably tell that my most anticipated book in 2015 is the last book penned by my most beloved author of all time.
This would be the last year that I am going crazy for a new Discworld book.
Actually, my book dream had come true.
Tiffany might be on Discworld but it set away from the City of Ankh-Morpork. I have been waiting for Tiffany to have a story within the city.
Once again, as always, my favorite author has managed to bring a smile to my heart.
The best authors are like that.

SONG 9:
FOREVER AND ALWAYS
(Favorite OTP in books)


MY ANSWER:
LUNA LOVEGOOD X HARRY POTTER from THE HARRY POTTER SERIES by J.K. Rowling.
Luna is my favorite character from that world. She fun, eccentric and has the highest E.Q. than all other characters put together.
Mind that I haven't read the Potter books recently, so I cannot quote specific scenes.
But I remember the scene with Luna's missing shoes. I thought that it was a wonderful quiet moment. With everything happening in Harry's life, he needs a moment to talk about things with someone. I thought Luna would have been a great life partner for Harry.
But the author thought otherwise.

SONG 10:
COME BACK, BE HERE
(A book you wouldn't lend out in fear of missing it too much.)


MY ANSWER:
NIGHT WATCH by Terry Pratchett
At the time I had started to fall in love with Discworld, I've only known a few people who were into those books. All of them were evil so I didn't talk to them.
One day, a boy came into my life who loved Terry Pratchett as much as I did.
Now, I have someone to talk to about Discworld. His favorite book is Night Watch. I got perhaps one of the best covers, with all characters painted on it.
Whenever I look at this book, I am reminded that of the joy Discworld has brought me.
This is the same boy who told me that Terry Pratchett had passed.

SONG 11:
TEAR DROPS ON MY GUITAR
(A book that made you cry - a lot.)


MY ANSWER:
NATION by Terry Pratchett
My most memorable books are of Terry Pratchett. Get used to it.
Reading Nation in my mom's hospital room may be a factor why I was so emotionally vulnerable.
Undeniably, the book's ending is a real tear-jerker specially for hard core shippers of the main characters: Mau and Daphne.
What broke my heart is the maturity from Mau.
These two characters have not openly declared their love. Their attraction was clear but it was subtle and tasteful, but still fun.
At their parting, Mau gave Daphne a kiss for the first and last time.
He said that the next time they see each other, they would be good friends with fond memories.
I wish all characters would have the same maturity.

SONG 12:
SHAKE IT OFF
(A book you love so much, you don't care about the haters.)


MY ANSWER:
THE LADY EMILY SERIES by Tasha Alexander.
This series is my guilty pleasure.
If I know I'm not in the mood for anything too terrible, I would read one of these.
Don't judge me.

That's all the questions. I hope you had fun reading this as much as I enjoyed answering them.
I would love to see more people doing this tag, so I tag everyone.

RENSA TAV for reading!

0 comments:

NEXT BOOK REVIEW

NEXT BOOK REVIEW